Monday, April 21, 2008

2 Month Observation of Miss C




Dear Baby Girl,
You are now 2 months old and I cannot believe how much you have changed in such a short period of time. I have enjoyed every second of the time we have spent together watching you grow and become your own little person.

I think my most favorite thing about this past month was your smiling. You now smile when you see me or Dad and not just a gas smile, the kind of smile where your eyes light up and your arms and legs move with excitement. And there's also the laughing. This amazing sound of happiness that comes when you are the most tickled. It's contagious.

I am amazed at how much of a personality you have at just two months. You "talk" a lot at everything and to everyone. It could be your bottle, the side of the swing, Mr Frog, Ms Panda and Tweety that hang above your changing table, or the wall (Which, I think you get from your Dad.) but you are always making some noise if you are awake and sometimes even in your sleep. I am sure all this talking will come back to haunt us when you are in grade school, but I love your vocalness.

You have done some much this month and I have listed some highlights below:
  • Stayed all night with Nana and Papa while Mom and Dad went to Opening Day. We plan on taking you when you are a little older and are so excited about it.
  • Got your first picture with a beer thanks to Nana and Papa.
  • Met two of your future boyfriends.
  • Hung out with Cousin Mia.
  • Went scrapbooking with Mom, Aunt Dawn and Granny.
  • Took trips to Louisville.
  • Saw some of your great aunts and went to Mom's former employer.
  • Experienced your first (and Mom's first) earthquake.
  • Found a formula that actually cleared your skin and worked wonders for your belly.
  • Spit up A LOT.
  • Cried, very little.
  • Pooped and peed A LOT.
  • Got a lot of new clothes because Mom is obsessed.
  • Had your picture taken.
  • Went to the ER with Dad.
  • Exercised with Mom while in the sling.
  • Grabbed fingers and blankets and anything you could get your hands on.
  • Worked on thumb sucking with Dad.
  • Kicked your legs in time with the music.
  • Got licked by Copper.
  • Held your head up a lot.
  • Heard a lot of made up songs from Dad which make you smile and laugh.
  • Screamed over tummy time but loved your exercise mat thingy when on your back.
  • Went to the grocery, the mall, restaurants, etc. with Mom and Dad.
  • Started "sleeping through the night" by getting a regular set of 5-7 hours of sleep in the evenings for over a week.
  • Also started sleeping in your crib...of course you are still in the car seat while in the crib but it's a step toward full crib sleeping.
  • Gained weight - you are now 10 pounds 3 ounces
  • Got taller/longer - you are 22 and a quarter inches

It's been a wonderful 2 months Little Bit and I look forward to the months to come. I promise it will only get better.

Love, Mom

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Aunt Dawn also thinks you are absolutely beautiful and loves you very much.