You know those scenes in movies where the new mom is crying along with her new baby? That was me at about 2 AM this morning. Miss C must have known her dad was out of town because once 12 hit she was on a crying roll.
Up to this point she had been doing pretty well. I had been doing pretty well. Only minor hiccups. But last night, damn, it was rough.
She'd scream. I'd calm her down and put her to bed. 5 seconds later she'd wake up and scream some more. I'd feed her, change her diaper, whatever I thought she needed and put her back to bed. 5 seconds later she'd wake up and scream some more. This went on from 12 until 3. The girl can scream.
I seriously don't know what in the hell was wrong with her. She didn't want food. She didn't want her diaper changed. She didn't want to be held or put to bed. She just wanted to scream and cry. So I cried with her.
Today hasn't been much better. I am wondering if something I am eating is upsetting her stomach. Or if I am holding her too much and now she is dependent upon me always holding her for comfort. Who in the heck knows.
Finally, she is asleep and I hope this helps. I am exhausted but did manage to finally take a shower. I can't wait until SP gets home.
1 comment:
In my opinion you cannot possibly spoil a baby. Hold her as much as possible.
Do you have some gripe water on hand? If not, get some. For nights like last night you'll depend on it.
xo
Post a Comment