Dear Baby Girl,
This week you celebrated one month of life outside of Mom and boy was it memorable. You did so much this month that it's hard to pinpoint my most favorite moment. But, I'd have to say that meeting you for the first time by far has to be the one that sticks out the most in my mind. Seeing you for the first time will forever be etched in my mind...you were perfect and the very sight of you brought me to tears.
Still, this month wasn't all about your arrival. This month you also:
- Met your brother, grandparents, cousins, aunties and uncles.
- Took a road trip with Mom and Dad and one without Dad.
- Spit up...A LOT
- Tried breastfeeding but ended up on formula.
- Smiled a lot when pooping and farting but also started to smile when Mom and Dad talk to you.
- Crapped on two very cute outfits, your Mom, your Granny and almost on the sofa.
- You had your first hospital visit that scared Mom and Dad but everything turned out ok.
- Cried...A LOT.
- Read books with Mom and Dad, including Mom's favorite, The Giving Tree.
- Cuddled...A LOT.
- Took many rides in the swing because your Dad swears you love it when the swing is on HIGH. And, you do.
- Stretched just like Mom does when she is really tired, back arched, arms stretched out overhead, eyes closed and lips sticking out.
- Sucked down a lot of bottles and then passed out like it was the best drink you've ever had.
- Celebrated your first St. Patrick's Day.
- Had multiple doctor appointments.
- Lost weight.
- Gained weight...officially 8 pounds 1 ounce now.
- Brought Mom to tears of joy and sadness.
- Found your fingers again and sucked them to your hearts content.
- Wrapped Dad tightly around your finger.
- Got some super cute new clothes.
- Went for walks with Mom, Dad and Copper.
- Stared at things we couldn't figure out.
- Hung out and were generally content with life...A LOT.
- Took multiple baths.
- Got a shot.
- Had to take medicine for your acid reflux.
- Listened to music and songs your Dad made up and sang to you.
It's funny because I cannot imagine what life would be like without you in it now that I have met you. I whisper in your ear how smart and beautiful you are. I cuddle you every chance I get and do not fear for one second that I am spoiling you in a bad way. If I spoil you with love and affection, you will know you are loved...period.
There are also times I get frustrated because I want so much to give you a perfect life, but I don't speak baby and can't always determine what you need. I try though. Dad and I try together and most of the time I think we had done things right over the last month. But, I am sure at some point we will screw up. That's just part of being a parent.
I hope you have enjoyed your first month. I have thoroughly enjoyed you and look forward to experiencing life with you. Thank you for changing my life for the better.
2 comments:
That made me cry! You are such a wonderful mother and I know Cara will grow up basking in happiness and love.
Made me cry too!! Being a mother is just something that you can't describe until you become one and Missy you describe that perfectly! We're all so blessed to be mothers!
Post a Comment