Life, my life, isn't like that.
My life is like this:
- Pee your pants in the middle of T*rget because your sister made you laugh so hard you were crying and peeing at the same time.
- Have the security guard at work ask if you need a wheel chair as you waddle your pregnant ass up the steps 1 day before your due date.
- Wear the same pants twice in one week to work because you are now limited to 3 pairs of pants and one skirt that are both suitable for the weather and fit.
- Buy a new mattress but can't sleep on for a full night.
- Feel like a stake is being driven through the left side of your pelvis.
- Wish you were excited about the pending birth of your first child but really only wish it was over.
- Cry because you can't be there when your sister has her baby.
- Cry because you miss the shuttle at work because you can't walk faster down the steps to catch it.
- Find it harder and harder to keep your hormones in check at work.
- Pee A LOT.
- Have diarrhea.
- Go to the cosmetic counter and the mall for powder and walk away with your face made up like a pregnant hooker.
- Get a much needed visit from your Dad and Sue complete with Dad hugs that always make things better.
- Realize for the gazillionth time how great my parents are and hope that I can be half as great as they are to my own daughter.
My life is not textbook or storybook. It's not always pretty or perfect or without complaint from me. But it is mine and while I would have much preferred to have an easy pregnancy and the birth of my child NOT exceed my proposed due date, it is what it is. So, soon Biscuit will be here and I am sure that experience will rock my world just like this has.
It's likely we'll take the laptop to the hospital. It seems very me to write about my experience when I can. So, just you wait.
Today I feel: better than I have all week. But not in the way that makes me want to clean the floors with a toothbrush.
No comments:
Post a Comment