Monday, February 18, 2008

And this is SO much better...

Woke up this morning in the 5 o'clock hour with a wetness that I did not associate with peeing the bed. I changed and sat there for 20 minutes trying to determine if I had just peed myself or if my water had actually broke.

For the record, I have peed my pants numerous times during this pregnancy...when puking, while at work and Target, etc. Not once have I peed while I was sleeping. Not once.

So, I woke SP up with a little bit of excitement because of the prospect that it could be THE DAY. Called the doctor and we determined that I wouldn't wait until my 9 AM appointment I'd go ahead and come to the hospital.

The overall point of this post is to say that SP and I passed our trial run to the hospital with flying colors. We didn't panic or freak or lose our minds in the process of finding out my water had not broke and I had in fact just wet the bed. We did pretty well considering. And while I SWEAR that it was NOT pee, I have to trust the multiple tests and exams I had this morning.

Because they did all the tests at the hospital I didn't have to go to my appointment. Baby's heart rate was good, mine was elevated when we first got there. Amniotic fluid per the ultrasound was good as well. 2 cm dilated. Irregular contractions.

My options at that point were to go home and walk or walk around the hospital. So, we went home and I slept for a bit. Then went to work with no changes. Disappointing but I was not really disappointed because we had discussed on the way to the hospital that it was likely a false alarm. I was prepared for that.

Now, tonight, we just got home from walking in the mall where I have either wet my pants or my water has broke. I am opting for door number 2 but am monitoring closely in the event something changes.

Today I feel: a little scatterbrained...I asked a friend how her daughter's first birthday was knowing good and well it's not her birthday for a bit longer. I KNEW it, but asked anyway.

No comments: