Tuesday, February 12, 2008

4 Days


I figured I'd scare the hell out of you at 39+ weeks. Thankfully SP does not zoom when he take these photos. I am in my jammies and had just consumed a bucket of hot wings, fries and some brownie concoction that I hoped would put me into labor. No such luck because here I am, still pregnant with 4 days until my due date.
Today I am still at home because it snowed and iced overnight. I typically would just in the 4x4 and drive to work because I am not afraid to drive in the snow and ice. The key is to take your time and really we didn't get that much snow or ice.
However, I am always fearful of other drivers who are complete and total idiots regardless of the road conditions. Many of these are my fellow owners of 4 wheel drives. Just because you have this type of vehicle doesn't mean you have a special barrier against sliding and accidents. To my knowledge they haven't invented that yet.
So, being 4 days before my due date I am apprehensive about risking my safety and subsequently Biscuit's safety to go to work. The draw backs are unfortunately there. The primary one being if I stay home and use my paid time off that is one more day I am off on maternity leave without pay bringing the total to 7 weeks. Add to that we have to pay my benefits while I am off and that's a bit of change out of our pockets. Have I mentioned I think our maternity leave policy sucks?
My plan at this point is to wait a little bit longer and then attempt to go in. If I think it's too risky, I'll just turn around and come home and suck up yet another day without pay.
Today I feel: better than I have over the last few days. Hormones are a bitch.

1 comment:

USAIDAddress Unknown said...

Oh my goodness you are looking terrific girlfriend! Sexy big bellies rule!