Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Our secret

For a little while now I have been able to feel Biscuit move. It started out like someone poking me from the inside or was like popcorn slowly popping inside me. Bizarre and definitely unlike anything I have ever felt before.

I have heard from other women that this was their favorite part of pregnacy, the thing they missed the most. I can understand why. Feeling Biscuit moving during a meeting or while I am driving or out to dinner is like an intimate secret that someone whispered in my ear for only me to hear. It is a moment just between the two of us that no one else knows about. It's just us. Our moment and it is the neatest freaking thing ever.

I do look forward to sharing that with SP and while it won't exactly be the same, it will bring him even more into the fold of this pregnancy. It really is an amazingly personal thing between me and Biscuit and SP and me. Those moments when I say, "The baby just moved." and he reaches his hand out to my stomach moves me in a way that words just don't seem to do justice. It is our time. Our moment.



We go on Thursday for the ultrasound to find out if Biscuit is a boy or a girl. I can't wait.

I registered this weekend for all things baby and let me tell you that was an exhausting adventure. How many different types of pacifiers can there possibly be? A LOT. Will we totally screw up our baby if we don't warm the wipes before we use them or if we don't get the most outrageously tricked out toys? Who knows. It's likely we'll screw the baby up in some way anyway warm wipes or not.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

It's a parent's prerogative to screw their children up.:)