Yesterday we buried my grandma and I must say that the last few days (weeks) have really been difficult. The death of a loved one is never easy add to that already fragile pregnancy emotions, nausea/vomiting and emotional and physical exhaustion and well, it sucked even more.
I juggled a lot this weekend. Memories of so much time spent with my grandma as a kid and the imprint she made on my life. I value that and am saddened that my own child will never know her. Then almost in the same instant I would think of my own parents and their health problems over the last few years and become anxious that something will happen and my children will never have memories of their grandparents like I do.
Mixed in with that was knowing that 2 little girls were fighting for their lives as leukemia threatens to take their lives. One of them, SP's cousin, is not even 2. This makes me stress which is so not good for Biscuit...but how can you not? My grandma lived 84 years and these two little girls are just struggling to make it through another day. I can't help but wonder about what I would do if I was in that position with my baby.
It is so not fair, but I guess life isn't.
Please pray for my family who are grieving the loss of a great mom and grandma. And also pray for Ellie and Rachael who are fighting leukemia.
No comments:
Post a Comment