Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Poopy

Due dates seem like some arbitrary date pulled out of the ass of your physician. I am confident there was a class taught in med school called, How to screw with pregnant women and get away with it. All are guaranteed to pass because it really isn't scientific...just pull out a calendar flip through the pages and let your finger fall randomly on a date 9 months from the first day of the LMP.

Instead of picking a DAY it really seems more logical to pick a timeframe. The level of stress and disappointment that accompanies seeing that DAY arrive and pass wouldn't be as tramatic. You could still plan because you'd have that range to work with. I personally would rather be told, you will deliver somewhere between 2/20 (My calculation based on LMP.) and 2/28 (Their calculation based on ultrasound.) +/- 2 days.

So, that is what I learned today at the doctor...that there are differing opinions about my due date. I also learned that the pain in my left side is poop. Hard ass, backed up poop. Gotta love that.

Aside from the rock hard poo, heartbeat is good, weight gain is on target, everything looks nice and healthy. I did leave without a refill for the Z0fran...but I WILL be calling if that need arises again.

Today I feel: SLEEPY. I peed like 1,000 times last night and when I wasn't peeing I was tossing and turning. Otherwise, life is good.

No comments: