Friday, June 22, 2007

There's a baby in there


Progesterone - 22.3
HCG - 2356

Now, I don't really know what these numbers mean other than they confirm what the 4 pregnancy tests said. I AM PREGNANT.

I'm gonna be a mom and SP is going to be dad. Holy hell!

At this point there are a few things we do know and a few we don't. We are both in agreement that we are going to find out the sex of our baby. Some may argue that in doing so we take all the surprise out of it, but let's be honest, when I push a human the size of a bowling ball out of my whoha I am quite confident I am going to be surprised.

We are in agreement that my ta-tas are bigger but my belly really doesn’t look any different.

We are not in agreement about what will happen after the baby is born. I am a firm believer in the value of stay at home moms. SP doesn’t want me to stay home.

To this day I can remember sitting at the kitchen table on Oakwood doing activities with my mom. I don’t think it would mean as much to me if that memory was of some random day care provider. The conflict with the stay at home thing is that I actually have a job I like. This isn’t a new dilemma, women around the world struggle between career and family every day. Now, it’s our obstacle to overcome. One of many things we have to decide and I hope we make the decisions that are best for our baby.

Today I feel: a little pressure in my lower belly. And thirsty, always thirsty.

No comments: