Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Owl

In a few short days this sweet girl turns 6. I look at her and no longer see a little baby, or toddler, or preschooler. She's growing up which I both love and hate. I love who she is becoming but hate knowing that one day she won't want me to cuddle in bed with her at night like we do now.

On Saturday we did a painting party and it was a hit. C was so freaked out the day of. She is so like her mom when it comes to new things. Amid the tears (twice that morning) she said, "I am NERVOUS." We had never been to this paint place. She had never been to a painting party. But I knew she would love it so we gently guided her outside of her comfort zone.

And guess what? She loved it.

She was SO excited she could hardly contain herself. Between her new outfit, her friends being there and doing something she really enjoys it was almost too much for her. I loved watching her as she listened to the teacher instruct her and then do the steps to complete her painting.

I am confident this is something we will do again. Love my girl and her owl.

No comments: