Tuesday, February 4, 2014

DIY

C has taken an interesting liking to all things DIY. She'll sit forever if we let her and watch home renovation shows. It seems kid shows and movies are something she wants to take part in watching. Bring on the kitchen and bathroom demolitions.

Along with her interest in the DIY shows, she also talks a lot about how to renovate her room. Move the closet here and the window there. The door would be better suited on that wall. She doesn't fully understand that we can't easily move the door to her bedroom to another location. Painting is one thing, door and window moving is another.

I am fascinated by her level curiosity in these shows. It's not like we spend a lot of time renovating things around here. We're not super handy. I don't have an eye for design or a flair for color.

Though I do recall a time when I had a notebook filled with clippings of things I liked in houses. I had drawn out my own floor plan in my unskilled hand. So, I guess she's not too different from her mom. Can't wait to see where this interest takes her.


No comments: