One of my "goals" for 2014 is to write more. I have been self censoring myself and I am not sure why. Maybe it's because as my girls get older I realize more and more how beautifully fragile their lives are and I don't want to screw them up with my words. Maybe it's because I am letting life run away with my creativity and the mundane day-to-day activities are sucking the life out of me. Maybe I am just lazy or too busy or tired. Who knows, but it has to change.
I won't box myself in to some unrealistic requirement for writing. There will be no professions of daily posts or even that what I write will matter to anyone but me. But I will write. I will maintain that one day, my girls will want to hear their stories as I saw them unfold. Sure, they will be seen through my lens which we all know is purely mine and up for interpretation, but this is my space and my voice so it is what it is.
I do promise to protect my girls when I can and be honest and colorful and real. This is not a perfect world and I am not a perfect mom. I screw up, a lot. But I fiercely love my girls and I love writing. How can those two things NOT go together beautifully?
So here we are 2014 on the edge of greatness. I make no resolutions but I will set some goals to get me started.
- Write more and write often.
- Be more patient and forgive myself when I am not.
- Laugh more
- Hug A LOT
- Spend time each night listening to my girls talk about what is important to them.
- Continue to work at my marriage and remember that communication is key.
- Let those I love and care for know it.
- Dance, sing and act a fool whenever possible.
- Strive to be healthy in both body and mind.
- Learn something new.
- Continue to work to raise confident, kind, genuine little girls who are thoughtful and aware of the world around them.
- Read labels and continue to work at eating healthy and moving away from things that are artificial, hormone filled, unpronounceable, and/or just flat out bad for us.
- Give back and be thankful for all that I have.
- Love myself.
More to come...
No comments:
Post a Comment