Friday, October 11, 2013

Rubber baby buggy bumpers

Now that Cara is going to a different school, morning and afternoon drives are time just for me and Ramsey. This really is the first time since she's been born that she got some one-on-one time alone consistently with me. I love it and I think she does too.

These car rides, though only about 20 minutes or less, give us time to chat and connect. I get to just focus in on my silly little girl who is quickly becoming not so little.

Some days are filled with laughter and song like the day we listened to Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers and could not stop laughing every time we sang it. Or those days when I jokingly say, "don't dance in my car" at her request and then she proceeds to wiggle her little head off.

Some days she is a chatterbox and tells me about her day with such clarity and sense of storytelling. Other days she asks questions about trains, streetlights, other cars, geese or anything else that tickles her fancy.

Some days are filled with tears and crying and shoe throwing. Those days are the hardest because most of the time I have no clue what prompted the outburst or how to resolve it.

But, all in all, those days, each and every one of them, are special to me because it's just us. I find Ramsey to be a wickedly intelligent little girl who is silly and loving and mischevious. I like getting to know her during this time...all of her. She may not remember this time when she is older, but I will.

No comments: