Friday, May 17, 2013
May 3, 2013
Dear Ramsey,
You turned 3 earlier this month and as with your life since birth, time is flying by. I have barely had time to sit down and write to tell you just how amazing you are. There are so many words to describe you: spunky, loveable, strong willed, determined, silly, sensitive, helpful, smart, etc. that I may need a dictionary to describe you because my vocabulary is so limited.
This past year has been one of growth, challenge and change for us both. You are becoming more independent and uniquely you, while I am learning to be your Mommy.
Despite the heartache, it was the best move for us to switch schools. You are thriving at The Gardner School. They have been wonderful helping you learn how to manage your feelings, your sensitivities, and have helped foster your personality and spunk without stifling all that is you. OT has been helping too. When Miss Kristen left for Korea, I thought for sure it would be more difficult but like so many other things, you amazed me with your ability to handle that transition pretty well.
You are a very creative and imaginative little girl. Coloring, drawing, playing babies, pretending and of course, following your big sister around are all your favorite activities. The Mobi-Go is your favorite game aside from my phone. The song Thrift Shop is one you will sing a lot and if you want to hear it you'll tell us you want the "poppin' tags" song. Reading is also something you love to do and I will find you in your bed with your babies all lined up, reading to them.
There's also a fiery, spunky side to you that I do not always understand, but I try. You want to be independent. You want things your way, when you want it. Unfortunately, life does not always work out the way you want and I am trying to guide you without breaking that spirit. I know one day that determination and confidence will be beneficial as you grown up.
For your birthday Daddy and I spent the evening with just you. The next morning the three of us went and had donuts. You love the ones with sprinkles and liked all the icing and sprinkles off the tops. I showed you your book with your pictures from when you were born and up until now. I cannot BELIEVE you are already three.
Thank you for being a part of our family. I love your big hugs, wet kisses, silly smiles and dances and your big-girlness. But please don't grow up too quickly. I want to always be able to snuggly you close and kiss the sweet softness of your head.
Mommy loves you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment