Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wow! Head strong and so young

I expect that Miss R is going to give us a run for our money when she is older. She has a well formed opinion and she is only one. Despite her inability to speak she is pretty good at letting us know what she wants, what she doesn't and how she feels about things.

Currently, she is opting not to use any sign language, despite the fact that I know she can sign both more and milk appropriate. Instead, she likes to grunt and yell loudly or point and grunt. We were doing so good with the signing to let us know what exactly she wanted. I'd like to think her development isn't so far along that she is really deciding to NOT sign, but sometimes I swear she is doing it with full awareness of what and why she is doing it.

She is also pretty head strong and determined about what she wants too. Whether it's a toy, food or even a person like me or her Daddy...she will go to great lengths to get that item or person. Nothing holds her back...though we try and try and try because often her safety is compromised when she tries to propel herself off the changing table or crawl up or down the stairs.

I know her vocalness, her drive and determination are all qualities that we need to encourage and grow...but she is only 1. There has to be some boundaries, right?

No comments: