Life with two kiddos is definitely different than life with one. You have added more happiness and sunshine into our lives in 12 short months than I thought was ever possible.
If I wish for anything, it would have been to have more time to dedicate to just you over the last year. In focusing on that I often fail to write down all that you are doing. And you are doing a lot.
For starters, you really are one of the happiest babies I have ever met. Your smile is beautiful with your mouth fully of gapped teeth. You love to crack up at your sister and she can get you going like nobody else.
Here are some other things you are doing right now, today, on your first birthday...
- You blow kisses by putting your hand over your open mouth and then extending your arm out.
- And you give nice sloppy open mouthed kisses when asked.
- Those kisses come with a little head bump as you lean in to kiss.
- You can wave and sign more and clap with a frenzie.
- I expect you to walk any moment because you are standing on your own and moving around testing the feel of moving from one piece of furniture to the next.
- Socks continue to be something that you pull off with frequency. Socks don't last long on your feet.
- Changing you is still a challenge because you HATE to lay on your back. This usually is worse when you have an ear infection and those have been pretty frequent as well.
- Push toys that help with walking are your new favorite and you also love most of your sister's toys, especially those that make noise.
- Your appetite is finally starting to grow and you are more into eating what we eat that eating any jarred baby food.
- We're dressing you in 12-18 month clothes because you are a growing girl.
I must admit that when we first found out that we were pregnant I was shocked and overwhelmed. Now that I have met you, I cannot imagine our family without you. You are my girl...my precious, loveable, happy girl and I wish you the most beautifully happy birthday and many more to come.
Love your Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment