For the last few days Miss R has decided she doesn't want to eat like she usually does. She's cut her formula intake in half going from over 30 ounces down to about 15. Those 15 come with a struggle.
Initially I thought she was rejecting new solids...sweet potatoes, green beans, peas, carrots, squash, avocado. She'll eat cereal, oatmeal and rice. But didn't want the veggies.
Then it started to be the formula. She turns her head. Clamps down her lips and at times even cries if I tried to feed her and she is done.
What's a Mommy to do? Worry.
So I called the doctor. I don't know how worried I should be or what I should do.
She is cutting 2 teeth so maybe her mouth hurts.
She just got over an ear infection so maybe it's not fully cleared up and it hurts to suck.
She isn't pooping as regularly so maybe she's constipated.
The doctor said I could bring her in to have her ears checked to see if there's fluid there if she continues to not eat like she was. The CMIO at work, who is a pediatrician, said that as long as she is producing wet diapers then she isn't at risk of being dehydrated. He said babies will eat when they are hungry and are growing. Not to worry.
Of course I worry.
This morning she ate a full bottle. We'll see how the rest of the day went. If I need to take her to the doctor I will.
No comments:
Post a Comment