Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Just Dance

Miss C and have this thing we do in the car to and from school where we listen to music and dance. She knows which CDs are "hers" and which are not and every car ride usually includes the words "My CD Mommy" at least once or twice. Since she is learning how to take turns and to share, sometimes we listen to her CDs and sometimes it's Mommy's turn and we listen to mine.

I have to be honest, those songs she listens to get stuck in your head and bounce around so hard it hurts. I find myself randomly batting ridiculous lyrics out of my head as they creep in without warning. So, I try to balance what she listens to with music that doesn't make me a little nuts with it's mind-numbing simplicity.

Having said that, I love nothing more than watching Miss C dance. "Dance with me Mommy" is one of my favorite things she says. I watch her in the rearview mirror bopping her head, clapping, trying to snap, pumping her arms, just all around getting down to the music. We have a blast rocking out in the car and I hope her passion for music and dancing continues throughout her life.

No comments: