Monday, July 19, 2010

Back to work

I go back to work in a week and I am not looking forward to it. These last 12 weeks have flown by and I feel like I haven't had a chance to spend enough time with Miss R.

This time around we won't be able to keep R at home like we did with Miss C. Remember that? The daycare C was in freaked me out so we pulled her out and we were blessed to have Miss Amy to watch her until she was 9 months.

R is much smaller and seems so much more fragile. I feel like I am in some way depriving her of some experience that her sister got and I have been trying really hard to keep that from happening. But, it is inevitable. There are things R will not get to experience in the same way that C did...and vice versa. Good and bad I know. Still, I can't help but feel a little bit of guilt for not being able to do this for her.

Of course, this time around we know what the daycare will be like. We know the people. They know us and C will be there to look after her Baby Sister. It isn't going to be easy for sure, but knowing what to expect and seeing how well C has thrived while at this daycare comforts me a little.

So Monday will suck. I'm not going to lie.

No comments: