Maybe I was crazy to think I could take a trip with a 5 week old and a 2 year old but I never claimed to be sane. I really was just thinking a little family trip would be nice and we have had previously good trips to Gatliburg.
Overall, it wasn't the worst trip I've ever had. But, it wasn't the best either.
The cabin we stayed in was lacking in many things and had an over abundance of other things. The main area it was lacking pertained to the completion of the actual cabin leaving it exposed to the elements like rain. We think this caused Miss C to end up sick which resulted in us leaving a day early. She is pretty sick with a nasty cough and fever. The ride home was not pleasant but as of right now she seems to be doing a little better.
Poor girl, she also slipped on the floor while we were there and hit her face on the ridiculously large glass table in the cabin living room. That was one of the other areas of over abundance...the furniture. Huge and heavy, I think the cabin would have seemed larger if the furniture had been smaller.
The main area of abundance was in the area of bugs...lots of bugs inside the cabin. Now, I get that we are in the mountains and there will be bugs. I don't mind bugs in general but if I wanted to be that close to nature we would have camped. I am not fond of seeing so many bugs when I have a baby and a toddler with me.
We went on this trip because SP was coaching a ball tournament. Only once did we brave the ridiculously hot weather to watch the boys play. It proved to be injury inducing for my niece who got nailed in the wrist by a baseball. SP's pitcher was warming up before the game and I am not sure exactly what happened but the ball got away from them and it hit her. Thankfully, she is ok and left with only the stitch marks and a bruised wrist. Thankfully, as well, that my daughters, who were right near her, were not injured.
So, it was nice that my Dad and Sue were able to go with us. I could not have made this trip without their help, along with Emie's. Next time around I hope it goes better.
No comments:
Post a Comment