At some point in my pregnancy I decided to set some goals for myself for after I gave birth.
One of them was a carry over from when I had Miss C, which was to take a shower every day. Horror stories abound about women who couldn't shower or brush their teeth when on maternity leave. Now, I am sure having multiples makes this challenging but this one wasn't difficult with Miss C and it hasn't been difficult this time around either. Of course, there was the one shower where Miss R ended up soaking wet because she wailed the entire time and in trying to put her paci in her mouth I soaked her but the goal was only to shower not to do it perfectly.
Another goal is a little more vain but I think just as important to my self confidence and peace of mind as showering and brushing my teeth. I am a former Pilates teacher and exercising is big part of my life. When I am healthy and in shape I feel good. That was much easier to do when I didn't have two children or a husband and could spend all my time working out.
I knew that I was going to have to jump start my exercise now or I would find reasons not to get back in shape cause there's always something. I also knew I had to schedule the time and make a pretty big commitment. So, starting Saturday I will be working out twice a week with a personal trainer.
There is a high likelihood the trainer will kick my ass. I haven't seriously worked out in a year and I DID just have a baby 7 weeks ago. This ol' bod ain't what she used to be. I'll let you know how it goes...if I survive.
No comments:
Post a Comment