This past weekend I got brave a decided to make the two hour trip home to Louisville. I think I must be nuts. Overall, it went well but it was exhausting.
Part of the exhaustion comes from just getting everything together to take a trip with a two year old and a newborn. I had forgotten how much stuff you have to haul with you when you have a newborn. My car looked like I was going on a trip for weeks but it was only days.
Of course, taking a trip like that in itself is an adventure, add to it the fact that C had hand, foot, mouth last week and it was a wild, wild ride. I wasn't really prepared to have a toddler at home along with a 3 week old. Thankfully SP works from home and was a huge help, but by the time I got on the road I was overwhelmed and worn out.
But we made it. We made it and got to spend time with Nana, Papa, Emie, Aunt Dawn, Granny and Aunt Ronie. I opted to not see anyone else while I was in town because I didn't know if C was still contagious and didn't want to risk it.
I have to say, it was nice to have some help. SP and I are pretty self-sufficient and really don't know what it's like to have free, willing help around to give us a break. We are always on for the most part and when I go home I get a taste of what it would be like to have that all the time. Makes me long for it and want to figure out ways to have that all the time. People who have that kind of help all the time don't always value it like those of us who don't.
1 comment:
Amen to that sista! Wish I had family around too!
Post a Comment