Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Learning all over again

We've spent the last two weeks adjusting to a new little one in the house. I'm not gonna lie and say it's been an easy transition, but I think we are managing pretty well.

We knew Miss C would have her adjustment time and that she'd act out a bit as she worked through having a new sister and having to share our time. We knew we'd be tired. We knew a lot...or thought we did.

The thing is, Miss R is not her sister and the things we learned from Miss C don't always work for R. Some do, like getting her on reflux medicine and swaddling her. But it's clear we are going to have to adjust our bag of tricks to figure her out.

She is a much more vocal baby...meaning she seems to cry a lot and let us know when she is not happy with things. I am spending a lot of time figuring out her cries and what she likes and doesn't to adjust her routine a bit but we are still following the Baby Whisperer plan.

We've gotten the feeding thing figured out, I think. Now we are working on the sleeping. Sometimes she sleeps and other times she doesn't. Sometimes she wakes up crying in the middle of sleeping and it's difficult to calm her down. Other times, she sleeps for hours.

I know we'll figure it out. Wish us luck.

1 comment:

USAIDAddress Unknown said...

Oh the joy of a newborn in the house . . . I remember when I said there was no way I'd do that again . . . now here we are!LOL! :) It's all worth it of course (and they are so dog on precious!)! I highly recommend a 30 minute video you can get used from Amazon - Happiest Baby on the Block - and of course time! Thinking of you - you'll do great!