Monday, May 31, 2010

1 Month Observation of Miss R



Dear Baby Girl,
Wow this month has flown by. I cannot believe you are here and part of our family. You make our family of 3 a family of 4 and I cannot imagine us any other way. You've definitely made your mark on our lives and the lives of everyone you meet. Thank you for that.

I wanted to tell you all that you have done this month because it's been an eventful month starting with your speedy arrival into the world. This month you've done the following...
  • Taken a road trip to visit family in Louisville and met your Cousins Sam and Emie.
  • You slept a lot.
  • You also cried a lot.
  • We've cuddled even more than that because you love to scrunch up in a little ball and snuggle.
  • We tried breastfeeding and were pretty successful. Then Mommy pumped to allow Daddy to help feed you and we transitioned fully to formula.
  • You spit up a lot and we figured out you had reflux so we got you on medicine to help with that.
  • You hiccuped A LOT. Mommy remembers when she was pregnant with you and you hiccuped a lot...that hasn't changed.
  • Aside from when you have gas, we have noticed that you are starting to smile a little bit. I attribute that to our getting to know each other better.
  • You eat every 3 hours and are only waking up twice during the night...usually at 2:30 AM and 6:30 AM.
  • Being swaddled is your favorite way to be and we bundled you up because you also love to be nice and warm. It's not uncommon for us to use a swaddler and a blanket to get the right effect.
  • Initially you balked at our Baby Whisperer and Happiest Baby on the Block techniques and I thought we were going to have some trouble but now things are going perfectly.
  • You've taken quite a few walks with Mommy, Daddy and Miss C both in the carrier and the stroller.
  • You've also taken a few rounds in the swing.
  • This weekend you got your first visit from Cousin Mia and loved that.
  • We went to lunch with Mommy's work friends and you also had your first lunch at Choo-Choo's.
  • Enjoyed shopping with Mommy and got new clothes even though we have lots of stuff from when your sister was a baby. Mommy wanted you to have some things that were just your own.
  • You are also a highlight of your big sister's life. She asks about you as soon as she gets up and as soon as she walks in the door from school. You are her Baby Sista Ram-e and she loves you to death.

I think that is really the theme, that we love you to death. Even as we adjust to having you in the house and you adjust being here, that does not change. I snuggle up close to you daily and kiss your soft cheeks telling you softly how much we love you. I am savoring our one-one-one time together and don't look forward to going back to work when we don't have that. I am trying to make sure that I give you my undivided attention every moment I can.

I cannot believe you are already one month old. Time does fly and before we know it you will be big like your sister. But for now, I am clinging to your sweet baby smell and your soft baby cheeks.

Love,

Your Mommy

No comments: