Miss C has quickly adjusted to her new room at the daycare. There are no more tears when I drop her off. She walks in and right to whatever activity is taking place in the room. I am impressed with all the things they do and how much she is exposed to help her learn and grow. Everything is a learning opportunity, even eating the tips off of markers.
One of the things I like about this class is they keep a journal of what she does every day. It's nice to get a little glimpse into her day and to have that record for her in the future. Today the highlight was she jumped off the steps in the muscle room. Jumping has been one of her latest activities. She loves to jump but her feet don't get off the ground. So jumping with Miles in the muscle room was a big deal.
One of the things I know she loves but makes me nuts is that they play outside every afternoon and I typically find her in the sand box. The girl loves the sand so I find her almost daily covered from head to toe in sand. It's everywhere and because it's been so hot she's all sweaty and it sticks to her. When we get home and I take off her shoes sand goes everywhere. Sand...ugh. I know she is enjoying herself but sand is everywhere.
But sand aside, we can definitely see our baby is no longer a baby. She is a thinking, comprehending, strong willed being who continues to amaze us with her understanding of what is going on around her and her willingness to engage in live without fear. We can communicate with each other now and it's a two way exchange. I can say, I love you and she will say it back. Sure it's a jumbled mess that only her mom can understand but I am sure this won't be the only time when her mom is the only one who gets her.
No comments:
Post a Comment