- First, I read this article and feel much better about Miss C and her communication.
- Right now a lot of her time is spent mimicing what we (and the animals) do. If we put our hands on our head, so does she. If one of the cats meows, so does she.
- She sleeps from 7:30 PM (we moved her bedtime back by 30 minutes) to 7 AM or later. We get up at 6:45 or 7 during the week but most of the time she'll sleep later if we let her.
- Bed time involves a bath (every other day unless there is some hard core playing or food in the hair or something else that warrants it), a book, brushing teeth (if we remember) and then bed. I typically put her to bed. We hug and kiss and then I put her in bed.
- Once in bed, Miss C is surrounded by all her pals...Elmo, Wally (from B*ston Red Sox), Gapper (from Cincinnati R*ds), Fetch (a puppy) and Monkey. Most nights she sleeps with her arms around Elmo. Other nights she'll throw them all out of the crib or she'll line them up and talk to them. It's hilarious.
- She also rubs things between her fingers to help her sleep...the tags on her animals, a crease in her sheets, this giraffe blanket that is silk on one side, anything.
- Mornings are Daddy time. SP gets her up and dressed. Then they sit on the sofa together and eat Cheerios and drink milk while watching Blues Clues. This is a special time for her and she knows the routine and will walk to the sofa even when SP doesn't get her up.
- During the day she only takes one nap. It is usually an hour to an hour and a half.
- At the day care she is the oldest in her room and one of 3 girls. She'll move to her new room when she's 18 months.
- There isn't anything that I can think of off the top of my head that she won't eat. If we eat it, she'll eat it.
- We think she is going through a growth spurt right now because she is eating A LOT.
- Her latest thing is sheer excitement when she sees something either a) she hasn't seen before or b) has and loves it. The excitement comes in the form of her making her mouth look like she is making an "O" and she'll go "oh! oh!" and stomp her feet over and over.
- She also dances ALL THE TIME. Hips go back and forth. Arms swing. Head bops. She LOVES music. Loves it.
- In two weeks she'll start her aqua babies swim class at the Y. I think she will enjoy it because she loves the water so much.
- Today we bought a new jogger stroller and while I don't jog, SP does and we walk almost every night. The other stroller that was part of her infant car seat package really isn't the best for lots of walking and well, it's cumbersome and heavy.
- We also FINALLY got the kick stand on my bike so I can take Miss C on the bike trail. It was difficult to put the bike trailer on a bike with no stand to hold it up.
- For the most part her disposition has not changed. She fusses if she is tired or overstimulated or hungry or sick. Period. This isn't often and it's usually pretty easy for us to determine what has her worked up. God love The B@by Whisperer.
- Of course, there are those moments when she gets frustrated and will show some sass...she is our child afterall, but that tends to come and go pretty quickly.
People keep asking me when we are having more children and I can honestly say not any time soon. I really enjoy Miss C and every ounce of her and her little (BIG) personality. I want to continue to enjoy her. Oh, and that vomiting I did while pregnant...to fresh in my mind. TOO FRESH.
1 comment:
Yes, this is the exact article I read . .. makes lots of logical sense, doesn't it!! :)
Post a Comment