Saturday, March 7, 2009

When it rains, it pours

Last night after dinner I noticed Miss C had what we thought were hives all over her torso. We tried to remember what she had eaten differently or done differently. All we could think of was that the egg in the egg noodles was causing a reaction or the new antibiotic was causing it. We called the doctor who told us to give her anti-histamine and call in the morning if it had not gone away.

The night was restless with SP kicking me and tossing and turning. I got up at 6 and somewhere in the movement to the sofa managed to pull something in my neck. Horribly painful. Could barely turn my head. Laid on the heating pad until Miss C woke up at 8.

Her "hives" had spread all over her faces and arms and legs. It was horrible looking. So, we called the doctor and got an appointment. At the same time SP got up and was not feeling well himself. So, I took Jake and Miss C with me. Needed Jake to hold Miss C because the next pain had not subsided and I could barely hold her. SP went to the Immediate Care Center.

And here's what both of those visits got us...
  • Miss C has a viral rash, not hives. Doctor thinks she has/had roseola. Oddly though she never had a dramatic spike in her temperature.
  • SP has an upper respiratory infection, a viral infection, strep throat and muscle spasms in his back unrelated to the other things. He is still running a fever and contagious.

As a result of Miss C's illness she has had diarrhea and got a lovely diaper rash that is causing her a lot of pain. This all would explain a lot of what has been going on this week. I can barely get her diaper changed and she screams like I am causing her the most severe pain she has ever experienced. Tonight after her bath I had to trick her by loading her diaper up with our homemade butt paste and diapering her while she was standing. Not that easy.

I must admit I am exhausted. My neck is killing me...killing me. Miss C has not been herself and overly fussy. I am trying to keep her away from SP, keep her comfortable and disinfect my entire house. She is sleeping now. He is on the upstairs sofa and I am in the basement. I expect and early night for me.

1 comment:

Chad said...

Man, sorry about your luck; all at the same time too :-(