Miss C has an ever expanding vocabulary and her understanding of what I am saying to her is increasing as well. Of course, we think she is the smartest baby ever and enjoy just watching her motor around talking to everything and doing everything.
Tonight I sat on the floor while she walked back and forth between the sofa and the ottoman with her stuff giraffe from her old floor exerciser in hand. She was talking up a storm and having quite a good time. I guess the giraffe understood her because I certainly didn't. Back and forth she walked rattling the giraffe and having the time of her life.
The good news is that she does sign a lot and if I am paying attention and not fully understanding what she is saying I pick up on the signs. The ones she most often uses are more (accompanied by "mo-ah"), eat, all done and has her own sign for when she wants to be picked up. If we don't respond quickly enough to her verbal "mo-ah" she will sign it as well. We are definitely all learning together.
No comments:
Post a Comment