Last night I was washing dishes and looked up to see Miss C standing in the middle of the family room. Then she just took off walking like she had been doing it forever. And now, she walks. Not just a few steps, but everywhere.
They had been telling me at the day care that she had been trying out her walking skills and that soon she'd be walking. They were right. Today has been filled with her walking drunkenly around the house. A couple of times she smacked her face on the floor which resulted in some tears shed but no blood thankfully.
It is hilarious to see her little butt wiggling and arms flapping as she maneuvers around. She seems so tiny to be walking. Our little girl is growing up.
In other news, Miss C's primary caregiver is no longer her caregiver. I am not fully sure what transpired but I believe my reporting her sleeping on the job set a ball rolling. I've felt pretty conflicted about the whole situation because I honestly would never wish anyone to lose their job, especially in these economic times. BUT...Miss C is my responsiblity and I have to do what is in her best interest. Unfortunately in order to keep her safe I had to address a shitty situation that resulted in a girl losing her job. No matter how guilty I feel about that, I would have NEVER forgiven myself if something had happened to Miss C or any other kid in her room and I had said nothing.
No comments:
Post a Comment