There are all kinds of developmental milestones that Miss C has reached that make me so proud...rolling over, sitting up, drinking from a cup, feeding herself, waving, blowing kisses, etc. I swell with the pride I feel. She is so smart and spirited which I truly love.
One of my biggest fears though is that my smart and spirited child will be a holy terror to deal with and the kind of kid no one else wants to be around. I don't want to squash her spirit but I do want to guide her in the right direction. I am just not sure how.
Like now for instance. She has started pushing other kids in response to their trying to use a toy she is playing with or wants to play with. This happened with Mia when they were playing with her toys a couple of times and then it happened again tonight when SP's nephew tired to play with her new birthday toy.
I must admit, I am not sure how to handle that other than to tell her we don't push, remove her from the situation if necessary and feel embarassed that my kid just mugged my niece. What would you do?
1 comment:
Sharing has got to be one of the biggest things for little people to learn. Sophie will be four and she still is not completely comfortable with the idea. However she does share, but only through our work and constant encourgement from the excellent folks at day care.
I don't think you have any reason for concern (unless Miss C truns seven and still mugging friends for the Barbi). Heck, to this day I am rather selfish so for a little one to grasp and fully understand is certainly not common. Give it time and she will be ok... Trust me, there are many more embarassing moments to come :-)
Post a Comment