Thursday, January 8, 2009

Time

Right now I feel like during the week I don't get to spend much time with Miss C. She is so tired when she gets home from day care that she barely stays up until 7. They tell me at that day care that she goes non-stop and while she'll nap briefly it's like she doesn't miss a beat. I guess it's good that she is playing and learning but it's hard to only see her for like and hour and half before she goes to bed. Granted, I realize we are blessed she sleeps so well and I wouldn't change that either...just would like a little more time.

Tonight Miss Amy came over to visit. We have been decided to try and have her come over at least once a week to spend time with Miss C and so SP and I could have a date night. Miss C showed her the new basement and how excited she gets when she crawls real fast after the cats under the air hockey table. She also showed her the new stroller that Granny and Grampy got her and how she can walk all by herself while pushing it.

The other exciting news is that Miss C now has 5 teeth which she likes to grind against each other to hear the nice gritty sound they make. There is also this hilarious awareness of her ability to make sounds and to carry on a "sound dialogue" with us where we go back and forth making similar sounds to each other. She's always made sounds from the very day she was born and I have a feeling once she figures out how to say actual words she will never stop. The teachers will love her I am sure.

Hope you are having a wonderful new year.

No comments: