Saturday, January 24, 2009

Ouch

Let's just say this hasn't been the best week and we are all glad it's over.

First there was the vomiting. Lots of vomiting.

Then there was diarrhea. Not as much diarrhea but enough.

Then there was a double ear infection and bronchitis. Our first time with that lovely pink medicine that makes adults shudder but is supposed to make kids think of bubble gum. Yeah, right.

Then there was 2nd degree burns on both hands. Miss C tried to pull herself up on a space heater that was on in that split second when all eyes were not on her. I am actually surprised at my level of calm because I wasn't here when it happened. The reality is that she is going to get bumps and bruises and even burns. No, it's not ideal and I am not saying she shouldn't be watched like a hawk, but kids get hurt. Especially adventurous ones like ours. I would much rather know that her injury was accident that happened in my home surrounded by people that love and care for her because I know without a doubt it was an accident. If it had happened somewhere else I could not say with as much conviction that it was just an accident and not due to someone being negligent.

So, we are glad this week is over. We are glad that our bebe survived her first major whammy of a week where she got hit will all the daycareitis all at one time. We are still worried that she's dropped a little weight because she's not eating as much and that her consumption of fluids, any fluid, is down...but the doctor is not worried so far.

Hope all is well with you.

No comments: