Monday, January 5, 2009

The love and dislike of it

Tonight while changing Miss C she flipped over for the 100th time onto her belly and promptly got on all fours and started trying to crawl. Seriously, the child has no fear. Her mother is losing her patience with the flipping over mid-diaper change where poopy diapers go flying and she starts screaming when I try to gently but firmly keep her on her back. I have tried just going with the flow and changing her while she's on her stomach but that is really difficult especially considering the fact that she often moves quickly to sit which really makes it impossible.

Along with that, if she is tired, she will also fling herself backward when I am changing her clothes. She has wacked her head on a lot when this happens and I am not prepared for it. Thankfully she hasn't been seriously hurt but I am thinking about investing in a helmet to keep her from getting brain damage.

I have give her toys. I have sang songs. I have played music. I have played peekaboo. I have tried changing locations. I have tried and I am out of tricks. So, I turn to you...any suggestions?

2 comments:

Shauna said...

You just have to live with it I'm afraid. For what it's worth, Chicka went through a phase like that too but usually now is more cooperative now during changes. :)

USAIDAddress Unknown said...

We've been going through this same thing for a while now and I've tried everthing as well . . . and have had more than enough too! I tell him "no" but he doesn't listen the least bit. I had a mother tell me she strapped her kids on the changing table real tight so they wouldn't turn over . . . so I got my pad out again and tried that (I had retired it when he just flipped off all the time) . . . well he just figured out how to squirm out of the belt . . . let me know if someone has an answer . . .I'm willing to try anything at this point!!! I feel your frustration and if nothing else, it's good to know we're not alone in this fight with a curious infant!!! LOL!!