Thankfully, Miss C stopped throwing up Friday evening and didn't get sick again. We loaded her up with electrolytes and apple sauce and I held her the majority of the day on Saturday. She didn't play much or laugh so we knew she still wasn't feeling well. A nasty cough and snotty nose replaced the puking.
At around her bedtime SP and I both started feeling a little queasy. What followed were HOURS of violent vomiting and a screaming baby we could barely take care of because every time we picked her up we had to put her back down and run to the bathroom. In the end we both turned to medicine I had for when I was pregnant and sick. It helped, a little. We slept little, threw up a lot and basically had one of the most miserable nights of our lives.
Today Miss C still is not herself. She is hoarse from all the coughing and we can't keep up with all the snot. SP and I haven't been sick since about 4 AM but we still aren't feeling 100%. Ended up having his mom come over so we could sleep and she could watch Miss C for a couple hours. That helped.
It's now 7 PM on the Sunday of my long holiday weekend. I have work to do that I have no desire to do. I finally took a shower and brushed my teeth. Miss C is asleep for what we hope is a full night of rest. And I will soon follow.
No comments:
Post a Comment