The morning started out a little rocky. SP is sick and I had moved to Jake's room for the third night in row. The bed is like a slab of concrete so I can't say moving helped me sleep much but I at least did not have a blow horn in my ear.
I got up at 6:30 and was out the door by 7:20 to pick up a co-worker at a car dealership close to my house. I was on time, but he got stuck in traffic and ended up being 30 minutes late. While I waited Amy called to say she was sick which threw me into a tailspin.
SP had to be in Columbus. I had to wait on my co-worker and try to get him to work for a 8:30 meeting. I was short on the phone with Amy. Not real focused on her once my mind started trying to figure out how I was going to make it work.
It ended up going like this...my co-worker arrived. We drove back to my house and picked up Miss C. We then had to drive to my co-worker's house because he forgot his pagers and he was on-call. He lives on the other side of town. Then, I dropped him off at work. He didn't make his 8:30 meeting and I didn't go to work.
Initially, I had planned on working from home but really, what's the point? I still have to use one of my PTO days and I am always thinking about how I would like to spend the day with Miss C, so I did.
Let me tell you, we had the best day. In the 7+ months of her life there have been some really good days. This one tops them all. It was nice out. She was in the most fantastically hilarious mood talking and laughing. She ate like a horse and napped easily. We went shopping and she squealed with delight.
At one point during the day she got tired and started to do her thing where she rubs her face against my chest. I just cuddled her there and rocked her because while I am always the major advocate for letting her fall asleep on her own, I also recognize that my baby is growing up and there will only be so many of those such moments.
I took full advantage of the nice weather, an unexpected day off and a happy baby by dancing and singing and cuddling and just enjoying her company. She truly is amazing with her tiny little finger movement that we can't figure out the meaning of and her laughter and things unseen.
I truly am blessed and will be forever thankful for her smiles.
No comments:
Post a Comment