Our power is back on! Thankfully. There are still many here without any and they are starting to wear down. I can't blame them, it's difficult when you have no power. Here are some things that we experienced...
- Realized that we were more prepared that I would have thought. We had water, flashlights, candles, matches, baby food, dog and cat food and people food.
- Saw more kids out playing than I have seen all summer. Remember when that used to be the norm, not the exception?
- Took showers by flashlight and dressed in the dark.
- Listened to TV on the radio and read books.
- Took walks.
- Sat in line at the gas station for overpriced gas.
- Threw out everything in our refridgerator and freezer.
- Walked up and down empty aisles at the grocery store because they too had to throw everything out.
- Watched our power come back on while people only a street over still have no power.
- Enjoyed the sounds of nature that come with the lack of ACs units.
No comments:
Post a Comment