Back on the train to Kenm*re and a short walk to Fenw@y. We were starting to figure out the T and got ourselves a Chahlie Cahrd (aka Charlie Card) for our T travels.
It seems the R*d Sox fans are hard core and start their game day festivities early because we found all these little bars around the stadium packed at 3:30 in the afternoon. We marveled and the difference in the fans, all decked out in their gear, and their loyalty to their team.
After partaking in some adult beverages at a local bahr (aka bar) we headed to the stadium past the Green M*nster. Our seats were in the outfield and as far as I can tell, they were good seats. But what do I know. The thing I enjoyed most was seeing how much SP got out of seeing the stadium for the first time. I know he will always remember this trip and his first time to just stand in the walkway of the stadium and take it all in.
I tried to get us seats here, but damn they are pricey. I think I liked it better being able to see the guy run out with his ladder and his numbers and change the score board.
After the game we headed back with all the locals on the T and ended up back at our hotel for a very, very expensive after game "snack" that left me quite drunk off my $11 Mai Tai. Yummy.
What would our trip be without a ridiculous tongue shot. We got up at about 10 on Saturday and headed to F@neuil Hall. We had lunch at the Cheers Cafe and drinks at Dicks...totally tourists but what the hell.
We aren't big history buffs so we didn't partake in any tours, boat trips or ghost and goblin hunts that were offered. Instead we just took a leisurely stroll around the market and the wharf just taking it all in. In this picture we had just had a good laugh at the expense of some gentleman walking around blasting Apple B*ttom Jeans on his "ghetto blaster" that seriously was bigger than Miss C.

More of the market...I never claimed to be a photographer.
More of the market...I never claimed to be a photographer.
After getting quite tipsy at Dicks Last Res*rt we headed back to the hotel where I napped and SP watched football. The best of both worlds I must say. We then decided to just hang out in Cambridge for dinner. That proved to be an interesting adventure that had us walking down a deserted road behind the institute of technology. We saw about 5 people our entire 15 minute walk and speculated as to where in the hell people who attended that school ate.
We finally stumbled upon an Irish bar that was a perfect fit for us and when the 8 piece band came in, despite being exhausted, we hung out for a few tunes. The band was great and the food and seasonal brew were also a hit. I seriously look like someone punched me in the eyes in this picture and I only had one drink. Shockingly, when we left the area was buzzing with activity that only a couple hours before had been eerily missing.
Boston was a nice town. Very active with people walking, rowing, running and riding bikes at all hours of the day and night. SP would love to live there, I on the other hand will go not go any more North than we already are. Still, it was exactly what we needed and I am glad we went.
No comments:
Post a Comment