I try to refrain from veering from all things Miss C on this blog just because that is the primary focus. However, there are times when I MUST venture away from the typical content to share an important event in my life other than her.
Today is one of those days.
When I first found out I was pregnant, I had a conversation with my boss about my future with the company. Specifically, if I thought I would be returning to work after I had Miss C. At the time, I was still unsure and communicated as much. What was communicated to me was the promise of a raise and "promotion" when I returned.
While I was on maternity leave some role changes took place and while I knew I should trust my bosses, it was difficult being removed from the situation like I was. What I felt confident of was that I had worked my ass off and deserved what I had been promised. Seriously, if working 12 hour days while very pregnant didn't show my dedication I am not sure what would have.
Upon my return things happened that made my confidence waiver even more regarding that promised raise/promotion. Then, some idiot did a "reply to all" and distributed the social and salary of everyone in my department to everyone in the department. While I didn't see the spreadsheet I did hear what some people made and it honestly didn't sit well.
But I didn't say anything. I tucked the knowledge that someone I worked circles around made $20 more an hour than I did in my pocket for future reference.
Then, today, it all changed and let's just say hard work pays off and a 32% raise is gonna buy this girl a lot of new shoes.
2 comments:
Congrats!!!
Congrats! You go girl! :)
Post a Comment