Thursday, May 22, 2008

You did it!!!

One of the many ridiculous things that people ask you when you have a baby is if the baby is sleeping through the night. In the beginning you want to tell them to go jump off a bridge because NO ONE is sleeping through the night.

Then, you might get lucky and go for a night of a full 5 or more hours, then another, and another until it's been a week, then 2 weeks, then longer. Apart from the minor hiccup this becomes the routine and you get sleep and the baby sleeps and you shock people with this revelation.

For awhile now Miss C has been sleeping in her car seat because, well, she SLEPT and I was afraid she would choke on her spit-up during the night. It worked. She goes to "bed" between 9:30 and 10:30 and sleeps until 5;30, has a bottle and then sleeps again until 7:30 or 8.

But this week, well, this week has been all about doing new things and one of them has been Miss C sleeping like a big girl in her crib without the car seat. We have now made it almost a full week and I am so excited.

Cross your fingers it continues because as Dawn and I have joked, I don't think it's going to be appropriate for a teenager to sleep in a car seat.

1 comment:

pastorsean said...

Yippee! Great news!