It seems Miss C was having a party in her crib last night and decided to invite me. Her invitation came via crying. After I pulled my tired ass out of bed for about the 5th time I found her kicking up a storm and laughing her little head off. The party sure looked fun, but I wasn't in the partying mood.
This week has been rough and it's only Tuesday. Miss C's schedule is all wacky with day care. It seems she sleeps very little there, too much going on for our social butterfly. Yesterday we were not prepared for this or for the fact that she had missed her sleep window and cried from sheer exhaustion.
We worked hard to stick to her schedule with feeding, playing and bathing before bed. As tired as she was, I figured she'd sleep straight through until morning. I HOPED she would, because work is already kicking my butt, but, she woke up every hour on the hour leading up to her "party" thus waking me in the process.
So, I am tired and feel like I am catching a cold which won't do any of us any good. I have been doing this night time thing and early morning feeding thing on my own for over a month. It was ok when I didn't have to work or think during the day and could nap when she napped. But now, my brain needs to function at full speed and it doesn't do that on little sleep. SP and I will work it out, we always do, hopefully before I have a complete meltdown.
It does help though that Miss C is doing well at day care. They love her and her big personality. She's starting doing things in the last two days that she hasn't really done regularly and I wonder if she sees the other babies do them or it's just her developing more. Either way she now pulls her pacifier out of her mouth and passes it to her other hand. She also has found her fingers and sucks to her hearts content on all of them, not just her thumb when she would get lucky and it would end up in her mouth. Everything she can get her hands on gets held and those legs, wow! they only stop when she's asleep.
1 comment:
Very rough week for us too. Going back to work sucks BIG!! We'll all work it out with time I guess . . . but for the record it SUCKS!
Post a Comment