Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Shhh! Don't tell Miss C

First a little "shout out" to all those who read this silly little blog that I didn't know about. It's amazing what you will learn at the funeral home. I am so glad you all enjoy reading my ramblings about motherhood. I enjoy writing here for many reasons...because I miss my weekly writing group, because I need therapy and this is cheaper (Ha!), because it will give Miss C a little insight into her Mom one day and because it keeps me in touch, however distant, with my family.

Now, on to the point of this post.

Miss C has successfully slept about 5 to 6 hours straight these past two nights so I thinking maybe Alexander did share his secret to a good night of z's. Going for night number three, cross your fingers.

Right now I am doing this silly thing that a girl at work told me. Miss C does best sleeping in her carrier. Don't ask me why, cozy space I guess. Anyway, she's in the carrier with the carrier in the crib. That way I can put the video monitor on her but start getting her used to sleeping in her room. Wonder if I am going to get used to it or if I'll be up all night worrying. We shall see.

Also, thanks to everyone for their love and support during this difficult time with the death of my Grandma. It was hard for me today. I had this feeling at the cemetary that I did not want to leave because I knew in my heart that once I left there I was leaving both of my grandmas' behind. I will miss them but I will make sure my girl knows how special they were.

No comments: