Monday, March 31, 2008

Opening Day


Every year since we moved here, with the exception of the year I worked for psycho TN who wouldn't let me off work to go, SP and I have gone to Reds Opening Day. It has become our thing and while sports kinda make me want to gag most of the time, I do enjoy drinking beer and hanging with my hubby so I overlook the gag factor temporarily.


This year Miss C was born on the day when SP would have bought tickets. Being a wise man, he opted to help his wife deliver their first baby instead of trying to get tickets. Had he choosen otherwise I am sure his death would have been considered justified...unless I had some avid ball fan for a judge or the jury of my peers were all season ticket holders. Thankfully, I didn't have to kill him (I am totally joking by the way for those who don't know me that well.) and we bought tickets from an online broker.


It was tough deciding what to do about Miss C because up until this year we didn't have to consider things like taking a baby to a game. In the end, we decided not to take her and embarked on our first nights away from her as she stayed with Nana and Papa in Louisv*lle.


Let me say, I think I have called a gazillion times and thought about her a gazillion more. Is she eating? Is she pooping? Is she fussy? Is she being good? I miss her, but I also enjoyed the nap I took yesterday when the left with her and the sleep I got last night.


Next year, we'll take her to the game and make a new tradition. But for now, based on this picture, it looks like she was doing ok with her grandparents.

No comments: