Monday, February 25, 2008

Wow!

It's been one crazy ride these last few days. I promise to tell you all about the labor and delivery of Miss C (name withheld to protect her privacy) when I get a second. The bottom line is that my husband is AMAZING...even if pregnancy hormones made me want to hurt him at times over the last nine months. I could not have asked for a better labor or delivery, even with the 8 or so hours of non-epidural eased contractions that made me vomit when they were real bad.

People told me that I would miss having the baby in my belly and honestly, I haven't had that yet. I would miss here more if she were back in there having met her and basked in her beautifulness. She truly is amazing, even when crying and screaming when I try to sleep or feed her. I wouldn't go back to the pregnancy for anything now that I know how it feels to be her mom.

Thanks to everyone for their kind words and congratulations. I know there are those of you who I may have missed with the thank you's for gifts pre-delivery and I apologize profusely for that. THANK YOU!

Now I am off to rest and feed my girl.

Today I feel: relieved that the nurse home visit went well and that both C and I are progressing nicely. I am also thrilled to have my husband home helping out.

No comments: