Deep within my heart of hearts I never doubted SP's ability to be both an amazing labor coach and father. Hormones and insecurity are a bitch and do funny things to ones sanity. So, I did doubt him more than once during my pregnancy. I never claimed to be perfect.
SP has a jokesters personality. He likes to be the funny guy and to many people that is all they see. That is not all I see, unless my perspective is obscured by hormones and pregnancy, and it's why I fell in love with him and married him. Yes, he makes me laugh...there is no doubt about that, but when I need him, truly need him, he steps up to the plate with ease.
That is what happened when I went into labor. He was totally me focused and my breathing and helping to ease my discomfort. He stepped up and while I am sure I would have labored through without him, it would have been a totally different and likely less tolerable experience were I to have done it without him.
He made me feel strong and capable of getting through the labor. I also felt safe and supported throughout the entire process. I could not have asked for a better partner.
No comments:
Post a Comment