Monday, January 21, 2008

Sausage fingers

This weekend I woke up and my hands were so swollen you couldn't see the creases where my knuckles where. My wrists, toes and ankles were also joining the swelling party and when I looked in the mirror I saw my left eye decided to come along for the ride as well. SEXY.

Thankfully, after visiting the doctor today, this is one of those "normal" parts of pregnancy and the lack of protein in my urine or high blood pressure indicted no areas of concern. Well, no concern for the doctor. I am afraid someone will try to fry up these fat fingers and eat them for breakfast. Sausage finger anyone?

In other doctor related news, heartbeat sounded nice and strong. Measuring at 36 cm which is right on track. Had my strep B test and will get the results next week. Doctor's hand up my crotch found an undilated cervix and Biscuit's head down. I must say that the whole idea that he could tell where her head was both fascinated me and grossed me out. It makes sense though, that she is head down because I SWEAR she is stretching by pushing her little feet right between my boobs and spreading both her arms out to the side.

So, I go back next Monday and every week now until she arrives. I am getting ready to run out and get some last minute things I realized that we didn't have. I also think I have FINISHED my thank you cards, so if you were expecting one and have not received it, please let me know. I am pretty anal about that and well, I must admit it was difficult to write them from memory as more than one list was lost in transit back to Cincy.

Today I feel: surprisingly OK. It always makes me feel better knowing Biscuit is on track. And I have my massage and pedi tonight so what more could a girl ask for other than a million dollars?

No comments: