Monday, January 28, 2008

I'll take it

They weren't kidding when they said the last few weeks of pregnancy would feel like the previous 8 months all squished together.

There's a little puking. There's a little constipation. There's a little weight gain. There's a little swelling and joint pain. There's a lot of crazy hormones and irritability.

We all know the baby has to come out. No one ever had the opposite happen. It just doesn't even if it feels like that might be the case. Still, when presented with even a kernel of positive news, no matter how small, one embraces it and clings heavily to the possibilities it represents.

I am officially 1 cm dilated and 70% effaced. Had a little bloody "preview" but I am not sure I would classify it as a full fledged "show".

Everyone keeps asking me now what this means. Hell if I know but while I was at the doctor it meant not having a complete meltdown. I needed something. Something that reminded me there would be a point, soon, where I would deliver Biscuit and be a mom. That it was not all uncomfortableness and depression.

So, now we wait and see what happens next. Biscuit and I have already had the discussion regarding her need to arrive soon so that we can be there when her cousin Bean is born since they have scheduled Dawn's c-section for 2/19. Hopefully she will comply.

Today I feel: mentally a little better with this news

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Wow! That's great news! My cervix was still locked up tight at 4o+weeks. And effaced too? Bet it won't be long at all now!!

Dawn's getting a c-section? Poor girl. I'll be thinking of you both in the coming weeks. I'm so excited for you!!!

USAIDAddress Unknown said...

Wow - you go girl! Not long now! We can't wait for the Biscuit to arrive . . . she will be SO perfect! Make sure we're on the list to be one of the 1st to know about her arrival! :)