Sunday, September 2, 2007

Generations

What a weird day. We spent a brief part of it in the ICU with my dad's family as Grandma Ruby had heart surgey last week and now has pneumonia. I got to see her and though she was sedated, she knew I was there squeezing my hand and nodding her head. The toll this is all taking on my Dad and Sue is evident, as with the rest of my family. It's crazy because my grandma is in her 80s and to have her part of my life into my 30s is a true blessing. But at the same time, you do take for granted that she will always be there, because she always has been.

We spent the other of the day on the B*lle of L0uisville celebrating Grandma Sara's 90th birthday. 90! Can you imagine? She seemed to thoroughly enjoy herself and being the center of attention. She also seemed to quite enjoy flirting with my husband who she calls Dr. Paul...she met him when mom was having her biopsy at the hospital and thought he was mom's doctor. It stuck.

So, today I am departing a bit from the pregnancy talk because I must honor and celebrate these two amazing ladies. If not for them, I wouldn't be here.

Love you both!

No comments: