Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Sickness


At 6:30 AM I was eating a granola bar while I was still dripping from the shower. It seems Biscuit decided today would be a great day to introduce me to all day sickness. Well, all day nausea. Sprite is my new best friend and it’s clear that I am going to need to eat every 2 hours or I pay the price. I wonder if I look as green on the outside as I feel on the inside.

The bad part of all this, which I am sure is quite normal, is that I have absolutely no desire to eat. Nothing sounds appetizing at all. Nothing. Not even a big plate of nasty nachos with peppers and salsa, which I LOVE, sounds good. I am trying not to be “that girl” who complains and is whiney but damn, this sucks.

In other news we are leaving for vacation this weekend and I cannot wait. While I am a little (OK, A LOT) bummed that I can’t drink while at the beach, I do need it. It’s been a YEAR since we went on a weeklong vacation and as stressful as our jobs and lives have been we both need to just chill.

We plan on telling Jake we’re pregnant on the drive to Louisville Friday. SP needs to tell Jake’s mom first which I am sure won’t be a great conversation. I am trying to be sensitive to the fact that she can’t have children. Ultimately, what she thinks doesn’t matter, but I don’t want to come across as cruel or insensitive especially after having gone through only a small part of what she has gone through. I doubt she’ll appreciate that and she’ll likely cry when SP tells her, but we tried. Jake, well, he won’t care I am sure of it.

Today I feel: sick, tired and a tad crabby. I am blaming the latter on the lack of sleep due to the broken AC and going to a concert on a school night. There is a glimmer of hope where my sister is concerned so I am focusing all my positive energy her way.

No comments: