While I am embarrassed to admit this, I can make myself car sick driving. Forget about reading, just the speed up and slow down of normal traffic can make me green in the gills.
Motion sickness is not my friend. Cars, planes, boats and probably even trains have been known to result in quick trips to the side of the road or digging through that pocket on the airplane looking for that complimentary barf bag.
Somewhere in the recesses of my mind I secretly hoped that pregnancy would be different, that I would be blessed with a sickness-free pregnancy. That the motion sickness I have known for the majority of my life would disappear, if only for a few months. A girl can dream, right?
Every night this week I have felt a little icky but really, this is my 6th week of pregnancy and I am not even fully convinced I am pregnant so I have been saying the nausea is caused by other things. And I don’t want to be THAT GIRL. You know the whiney one who complains from the very beginning? So, I sucked it up and made a note here but didn’t do much else.
Right now, at this very moment, I may puke on my keyboard. There’s a clenching in my belly and a welling in my throat only associated with a sour and unhappy stomach. I am inhaling watermelon like it’s the nectar of the gods because some book said that will help. My sweet husband asked what he could do for me and in his asking I love him even more.
There’s no hope for this is there? This might be my pregnancy. Evening sickness at week 6. Fabulous.
On a side note - I went to the OBGYN/Acupuncturist today. She isn't my regular OB but I have been going to her for PMS and cycle stuff. She's a cool chick and I left with a script for blood work to confirm there's a baby brewing in this queasy belly.
Today I feel: like I won’t make it through writing this without running out of the room. My ta-tas hurt. Still tired, but I did manage to ride my bike and I got acupuncture for the fatigue.
No comments:
Post a Comment